ASLE Conference Travel Awards
Funding Amount: Ten awards of $500 each will be given.
Deadline to Apply: March 10, 2019
Purpose: The purpose of the travel award is to substantively support members who are in precarious employment or students, who lack institutional funding, and who can reasonably demonstrate that an award will make attending the conference possible. Relatedly, another purpose is to support members whose presence contributes to ASLE’s mission of “promoting equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility on behalf of the membership.”
Eligibility: Eligibility requires that an applicant:
- is a member of ASLE (or an international ASLE affiliate, for example ASLE-Korea, see full list here)
- has not previously received an ASLE Conference Travel Award
- has an official role to play at the conference (in order of priority: presenting an accepted paper or reading, attending a pre-conference workshop, chairing a panel)
- demonstrates financial need
- preference will be given to applicants of international, student, independent, or contingent/adjunct status with financial need.
To Apply: To apply, please fill out the form below. The following items will be required:
- Your current status and professional affiliation, the type and title of your presentation, panel or seminar, and contact information
- A brief statement that includes an explanation of your role(s) in the conference program, and whether your paper/panel has been accepted.
- An explanation (250 words maximum) of how your attendance contributes to goals 2-5 in ASLE's Strategic Plan, which explicitly seek to support economic and demographic inclusivity, students, and international members. For details, see http://www.asle.org/wp-content/uploads/ASLE_Policy_StrategicPlan2014.pdf
- A detailed estimate of the budgeted cost for you of attending the conference, and any other anticipated funding that you expect to receive from other sources.
You will be notified of decisions on the awards by March 31, 2019.